TARRIFF and RENT
- Pay the agreed rent on or before Thursday each week unless otherwise agreed
- Unless prior agreement given, minimum stay is 3 weeks – stays that are less than 3 weeks will incur a $50 per week administration charge.
- Payments to be made by bank deposit
- Overdue payments will incur interest at 2.5% per day until paid in full, unless otherwise agreed in writing
- Notice to vacant must be given on the Vacating form (available by the office) a minimum of 2 weeks prior to leaving – failure to do so will mean you are charged a week’s rent
- Upon vacating all areas allocated to the tenant must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Keys and tags are to be returned. If the room is not clean and tidy you will be charged the cost to make it clean and tidy. You are responsible for the rent being paid until all keys and tags are returned.
- Provide the correct bank account details when you vacate the room so bond can be paid directly in to your bank account. Please note; we won’t pay bond in cash. Please allow 10 working days for the money to clear in to your account.
General Rules of Conduct
- The Resident is responsible for the behaviour/ conduct of their guests whilst on the property.
- No Guests are allowed in tenant’s rooms after 8pm and before 7am.
- Only people whose names appear on the contract may live at the premises.
- For fire safety, it is important we know who is in the building overnight, prior approval from management must be sought
- No parties or excessive noise at any time. For courtesy – do not disturb other tenants and keep noise to a minimum.
- Tenants involved in fighting/brawling will be both/all evicted
- Harassment of any form will not be tolerated and may result in immediate eviction
- All tenants must be respectful of other people’s property.
- If evicted, all belongs are to be removed from the premise immediately, unless arrangement made with Management. Evicted person is not permitted back on the property.
Room Fittings/ Furnishings
- The residents shall accept responsibility for their room and all its contents
- Only the supplied Mattresses, beds and furniture are permitted in the building and rooms.
- Rooms are to be kept in a reasonably clean and tidy condition
- All fittings, furnishings and chattels must be maintained in a good, sound condition
- If you cause any damage, you may be liable for the repairs or replacement
- All beds must have the mattress protector in place at all times
- The resident shall not paint, deface, or make any alterations to the rooms
- Written permission must be received from management prior to attaching anything to the walls
- No pets allowed on premises at any time
Communal Areas and Facilities
- Communal areas are defined as all areas that tenants have access to that is not a bedroom.
- All tenants must keep communal areas tidy i.e. kitchen, bathrooms, laundry, lounge and dining areas, hallways etc All personal belongings must be removed when leaving the room
- Make sure all your dishes are clean and put away. Benches and stove wiped down etc after cooking and eating. A fee of $5 per item will be charged for any dishes/ messes not cleaned and put away within 3 hours of being made, due on the next rent payment.
- Please do not leave cooking unattended in kitchens. This is a fire hazard and you are liable for any damages caused and the call out fee if the alarm is triggered.
- No cooking in rooms.
- Personal property that is left in the communal areas is left at your own risk.
- Lost property not claimed within 48 hours will be disposed of.
Vehicles and parking
- Tenants vehicles must be made known to management – Make, model and rego
- ONLY vehicles agreed with management will be allowed to parking in the spaces provided. Unauthorised vehicles will be towed
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Drinking is only permitted in public areas between the hours of 12pm and 8pm daily
- NO Intoxication or excessive drinking, this may result in eviction
- Drugs and any other illegal substances are prohibited on the premises.
- If any drugs are suspected, the police will be informed immediately
- Smoking is not permitted on the grounds.
- Tenants if found smoking in rooms will be charged for cleaning and deodorising and could face eviction. Smoking is permitted in the specified outdoor area.
- Butts and ash must be disposed of in to a suitable container.
- The burning of incense and naked flames – i.e. candles is not allowed. All smoke detectors and heat buttons are connected to our fire alarms. If found responsible for setting of the alarm you will be liable for any call out fees.
- Tampering with any of the safety features of the premise may result in eviction.
- Any illegal activities, suspected or known to occur on the property will be reported to the police.