Landlord responsibilities are to:
- provide and maintain the premises in a reasonable condition
- allow the tenant quiet enjoyment of the premises
- comply with all building, health and safety standards that apply to the premises
- deal with any abandoned goods at the end of the tenancy in accordance with the provisions of the Residential Tenancies Act
- inform the tenant or prospective tenants if the property is on the market for sale
- have an agent if they are out of New Zealand for more than 21 consecutive days.